Income, Household, and Other Reported Changes

A voucher holder must submit a Change Form within 10 business days from the date of any of the following changes:

  • Birth, adoption, or court-awarded custody of a minor*
    • * You must request to add any other person to the household and receive approval before they can be added.
    • New income (job, unemployment, social security, family contributions, etc.)
  • Loss or decrease of income
  • Household member moving out

Changes processed between annual recertifications are called interim changes.

Timeliness of Change
Changes received by the 15th of the month that will result in a decrease in your rent portion will be effective on the 1st of the next month. All other changes will be effective on the 1st of the following month.

Threshold for Changes
HRHA will process all changes that will lower your portion of the rent. Changes that will increase your portion of the rent will be processed for any new income source, and for existing income sources only if they exceed $400 per month.

Verification of Change
HRHA must verify the reported change. With your change form, please provide the following:

  • New Household Member: New Member form; birth certificate, social security card, declaration of citizenship
  • New/Changed Income: Pay Stubs, Job Offer Letter, Benefits Award Letter
  • Loss of Income: Termination Notice

If HRHA needs to verify a new job or income source directly (for example, if you have not yet received a paycheck), make sure we have the contact information for the provider/employer so we can send them an Employment Verification form.