COVID-19 is a respiratory illness that can spread from person to person. Cases in the United States began in January 2020 and continue to increase. In response, HRHA will be reducing person to person contact and restricting and/or eliminating office visits.
Updates to HRHA Operations effective March 16, 2020
1. All interim and re-certifications will be conducted through an online form (www.harrisonburgrha.com/covid19) or over the phone until further notice.
- Income changes can now be submitted via an online form: https://harrisonburgrha.com/change-in-income-form/
- Annual certification paperwork will be mailed, with instructions for completing.
2. The main office as well as satellite offices will not be open to the public. Documents can be signed/dropped off but in person meetings will not be held.
3. Work orders will only be completed if life or safety issue.
4. Rent statements for Franklin Heights residents will be mailed, NOT picked up in office.
5. HRHA is working diligently to prevent delays in housing assistance payments to HCV landlords. Thank you for being patient during this time.
Additional policy clarifications and resources will be updated regularly at: https://harrisonburgrha.com/covid19/