HRHA is monitoring the COVID-19 situation seriously and adjusting operations accordingly. As you know, HRHA serves some of the most vulnerable populations in our community. We will provide weekly updates as the situation progresses. Ensuring our residents remain healthy and housed, and keeping our staff safe, remain priorities.
March 23rd updates are as follows:
1. Phone coverage will continue at the Main office M-F 9-5, with the lobby open for drop off or pick up of forms and documents.
2. For all program participants, we are accepting any decrease in changes of income for April’s rent up to March 30, 2020. Change in income can be updated through our online form HERE.
3. Effective immediately, HRHA will delay processing any income increases reported by HCV participants. Changes should still be reported. HRHA will clarify and modify this process in the coming weeks, to include provisions for new COVID19-related unemployment income.
4. We are temporary suspending any late fee charges for rent effective April 1, 2020.
5. We are planning to start issuing vouchers/rental assistance in April 2020.
Existing Operating Procedures effective March 16, 2020
1. All interim and re-certifications will be conducted through an online form or over the phone until further notice.
• Income changes can now be submitted via an online form: https://harrisonburgrha.com/change-in-income-form/
• Changes in household can be submitted via an online form:
• Annual certification paperwork will be mailed, with instructions for completing.
2. The main office will continue being closed to the public. Documents can be signed/dropped off but in person meetings will not be held.
3. JR Polly Lineweaver and Lineweaver Annex buildings are closed to visitors. Only family and health care personnel may enter. All entrances except for the front entrance will be locked. Family and health care personnel must sign in. Entrance will be open 9:00am to 4:30pm.
4. Work orders will only be completed if life or safety issue.
5. Rent statements will be mailed, NOT picked up in office.
6. New applications for housing assistance, and move ins will be temporarily suspended. We will provide notice when new applications and move ins will resume.
7. HRHA is working diligently to prevent delays in housing assistance payments to HCV landlords. Thank you for being patient during this time.
Our website is updated regularly and includes general information about the virus as well as updates to our operating procedures as they are developed. Thank you for your patience during this time.