Community Development and Grant Coordinator
Harrisonburg, VA 22803
Salary: $37,000.00 to $45,561.00 /year
Apply on indeed.com
Position Title: Community Development and Grant Coordinator
Reports To: Executive Director
Function: Provide administrative and project leadership in planning, developing, writing, and monitoring of the Authority’s grants, administrative plans, special projects, and community development initiatives. Activities include: directing and overseeing the Authority’s grant writing activities, grant coordination and grant operations, completing funding applications, ensures community development and grant activities meet all federal and state regulations, performs complex analysis of development projects, provides project management, program evaluation and reporting functions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Ability to identify community needs and possible resources, develop comprehensive and concise applications for funding, monitor all of the Authority’s grants, and ensure all grant activities meet regulatory requirements. Knowledge of and experience in use of different online grant application systems needed.
2. Ability to work independently or in a team to analyze community development initiatives/projects, develops financials, budgets, and creates project action steps, and work schedules.
3. Knowledge and experience in interpreting complex federal regulations, state law and local ordinances in relationship to grant requirement and community development initiatives. Ability to multi-task, sequential activities, and guide grant sub-recipients on fund requirements.
4. Ability to analyze, evaluate, and write progress and summary reports, policies and procedures, and annual plans.
5. Ability to create and maintain effective relationships with other state, federal and local agencies, build local grant coalitions, and communicate effectively orally and written to a diverse population.
6. Completes other project as assigned.