(CLOSED) HRHA is Hiring! Data Specialist for HMIS (part-time)
Harrisonburg, VA 22803
Salary: $16.00 to $20.00 /hour
The Harrisonburg Redevelopment and Housing Authority is seeking a qualified applicant for the Western Virginia Continuum of Care Data Specialist. This position will assist in the coordination and implementation of ending homelessness best practices to create a collective impact on reducing homelessness in the communities served. This position will report to the Continuum of Care HMIS Coordinator.
The successful applicant must be able to work independently, work with a diverse population; effectively use homeless management information software and computer; apply federal, state, and local regulations; maintain confidentiality, and possess excellent written and communication skills. Experience with homelessness services, continuum of care and basic familiarity with affordable housing and service needs of the most vulnerable is preferred. Valid Virginia Drivers’ License is required.
The part time-data entry specialist will support HMIS (Homeless Management Information System) operations for the Western VA-513 Continuum of Care. This position will support the HMIS Coordinator to help review data for errors, correct errors, support licensed users (helpdesk), and inform agencies of errors that need correction. The Data Specialist will assist in training of existing users and new users. The Data Specialist will perform data manipulation via CSV and Excel data exports into various data tools.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Use of HMIS system to generate program use and demographic reports
· Manipulation of data through Excel, Tableau, R or other data tools.
· Identify data quality issues with entry, exits, updates and referrals for follow up
· Assisting with other data reporting as needed (tasks and reports change seasonally)
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
· Intermediate to advanced Excel skills (Computer skill testing will be requested of candidates)
· Knowledge of homeless services or other comparable human service systems a plus
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent computer aptitude and familiarity with the Microsoft Office Suite