Position Title: Maintenance Aide
Reports To: Facilities and Construction Manager
Function: Primary duties are to provide cleaning services at Harrisonburg Redevelopment and Housing Authority offices and apartment complexes. Also to assist in other duties which include ground work, painting, and minor maintenance in dwelling units under the general supervision of a Maintenance Mechanic.
Duties And Responsibilities:
- Cleaning – Lineweaver Building, Commerce Village, administrative offices and other buildings operated by the Housing Authority as needed.
- Monitor the properties during the course of daily tasks, reporting to supervisor any items that need services of the maintenance department.
- Supplies-responsible for keeping account of supplies and materials needed for job completion.
- Grounds Maintenance – mowing, cleaning (trash pick up, etc.), weeding plants and flowers, pruning flowers.
- Painting – ability to paint apartments and all common areas of apartment complex
- Minor Maintenance repair – other maintenance work, as long as it is done under the supervision of the Maintenance Mechanic I.
- Other duties as assigned by the Facilities and Construction Manager
- Ability to treat all residents with respect
- Experienced in operating a variety of equipment including floor machines, lawn mowers, snow blowers and other small hand tools
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Able to prioritize and complete tasks and follow specified procedures
- Physically capable of lifting 50 pounds
- Driving – must have valid driver’s license -able to drive, following all laws and safety rules
This is a part time position of 29 hours per week.
Hourly rate $11 to $12 or commensurate with experience
Applications available or deliver resume to:
Harrisonburg Redevelopment and Housing Authority
Attn: Duane Bontrager
286 Kelley Street
Or email resume to: email@example.com