HRHA is hiring for the Lineweaver Property Manager position. For those interested, read more about the positions below and apply via Indeed using the link provided.
Position Title: Lineweaver Property Manager
Reports To: Deputy Director
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for preparing and filing all reports as required by the funding and regulatory source. J.R. Polly Lineweaver is a Section 8 New Construction project administered by HUD. Lineweaver Annex is privately financed with tax credits that may require special reporting procedures.
2. Coordinates with the Occupancy Specialist concerning the notification of applicants of the availability of a rental unit.
3. Oversee and participates in the leasing of vacant units by informing applicants of program requirements, determining eligibility status, calculating rent, showing unit to applicant, and insuring required documents are executed properly.
4. Reviews and conducts interim an re-certification activities per program guidelines; adjusts rents and initiates action to move tenants to other units as warranted.
5. Directs and performs inspections of units to insure vacant units meet living standards, and to assess damage liability of former resident; makes inspection of occupied units in response to resident complaints and to insure residents are maintaining the units properly; determines and initiates action to resolve unsatisfactory conditions.
6. Coordinates with the Facilities and Construction Supervisor on the need for routine and emergency maintenance work and ensures vacated units are readied for re-occupancy in an efficient manner.
7. Develops and implements an effective process for rent collections that ensures a consistently low rate of delinquency.
8. Coordinates and participates in resident eviction proceedings involving failure to pay rent, maintain units properly, and other behavioral problems; files and serves eviction letter; holds preliminary hearing with resident and if matter is unresolved, schedules formal hearing; attends and represents Authority at court hearings as required.
9. Develops appropriate resident programs, which effectively utilizes the local network of service providers.
10. Analyzes statistical and budgetary data to monitor program effectiveness and develop recommendations for future planning.
11. Prepares regular and special reports as required by the Authority/or other government agencies. Attends the Authority’s Board of Commissioners and other related meetings as required. Conducts and/or attends resident meetings on a regular basis. Maintains all tenant and project files per audit standards.
12. Investigates program abuse.
13. Maintains active associations with social service, community, civic and professional organizations to enhance the effectiveness and image of the Authority.
14. Performs additional duties and responsibilities as required.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $45,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Harrisonburg, VA 22802: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Fair Housing regulations: 1 year (Required)
- Customer service: 1 year (Required)
- Property leasing: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: One location